Crowdfunding is a great way to create a sustainable marketing and creation plan for self-publishing but not all authors should turn to Kickstarter to fund their dreams.
Here are the questions I discuss in the video above:
- Are you willing to put yourself out there (like, really out there?)
- Emailing, calling strangers, pitching your project, reaching out to your friends and family, etc.,
- Do you know what your audience really wants?
- Are you willing to do live videos, show behind the scenes, and explain your process?
- Are you willing to invest some money upfront?
- You have to have a budget for advertising, for cover design, proof printing, commission artwork, etc.,
- Are you willing to invest a significant amount of your time for the next 60-120 days dedicated for only your campaign?
Ok, so after watching that video and mulling over those questions, what do you think?
Feel free to leave a comment below if you’re contemplating starting a campaign or if you’d rather pursue other marketing strategies for your book.
Want to learn more about crowdfunding your book?
Take my free mini course on Crowdfunding your Book .