Don’t scroll yet!
Watch the video first
How it works
- We will meet 4 consecutive WEDNESDAYS at 12 pm PT/3 pm ET/9 pm CET
- From September 30 – October 21, 2020
- We’ll meet via Zoom video—you’ll get the link after you pay
- Group meetings will be live, not recorded, so it’s important to show up and participate.
- If you miss a week, you miss a week, no refunds.
- The community will be a no self-promo space
- Price:$19.99/mth (that’s only $4.99/60-min session).
- No tricks! If you choose to join for one month, there is no automatic renewal.
- I’ll remind you before your membership expires, but it’ll be up to you whether you want to stay in the community.
- There’s no recurring billing cycle.
- This community should benefit us all and I’m open to doing things differently than ever done before.
- If you’re looking for inspiration to keep going, creative ideas from other authors, and support, then join us.
What the community is NOT
Only a few rules:
- You won’t be sold to—spammers or self-promoters will be kicked out of the community without a refund #toobadsosad
- Of course, we will discuss our books, but without any expectation for the group to buy our books or support our crowdfunding campaigns.
- Do not sell to anyone within the group. #youvebeenwarned
- You are not getting course-level instructional material from this community.
- If you want comprehensive courses on self-publishing and crowdfunding your book, click here.
- Nobody is going to hold your hand, but we will give you ideas to try and honest feedback. It’s up to you to do the work to make it happen.
- You are not getting 1:1 professional coaching from me or anyone else. This is a community and everyone is expected to contribute ideas and solutions.
- Additional rules will be decided on by the members and frequently revisited. The group will flex and accommodate the needs of the current members.
What will we discuss?
We can discuss whatever YOU need the most help with.
As a member of the community, we all have equal say and can vote on topics for discussion.
We can have general Q&As, brainstorming sessions to problem solve writing, publishing, and marketing issues for our books.
I’m looking to create serious community engagement that provides value. Topics can include anything related to audience building, crowdfunding, Amazon ads, FB ads, and whatever the group wants.
We are stronger (and smarter) together.
Why not run a Patreon page?
Patreon is a great platform for people to CONSUME material on an ongoing basis and to support a creator. The issue for me is that it’s one-directional and I want to create an interactive community.
Will you limit membership?
So far, our groups have a max of 6-8 authors, which is the perfect size for generating good discussions and for everyone to learn something new.
My number one goal is to create a space where everyone feels heard. Meeting virtually will help us reduce some of those issues.
This is NOT just a virtual space where you join and then promptly forget that you joined.
Why are you doing this, Lisa?
There must be a saying somewhere like, “If it doesn’t exist, create it.” or something, and that’s what I want to do.
I want to create a community with invested and motivated members (not freebie lurkers).
This isn’t a Facebook group with admin rules. We will meet and discuss face-to-face. We will get to know one another in real-time, support one another, and build community.
It’ll be valuable. It’ll be helpful.
I want to create the type of space that puts the control in the members’ hands.
If we want to invite an expert guest speaker one week, maybe we all pitch in $8 and pay their speaking fee. I don’t know!
I’m totally open to brainstorming new and interesting ways to work together and support the community.
Why can’t we create our own group and do the same thing for free?
Please! Take my idea and run with it. I don’t own the idea.
Get a group of your author friends together and create your own community. We need as many authors to help one another as possible. I recommend purchasing a professional Zoom account so you can meet via video chat.
Have more questions?
Email your questions and I’ll answer them as best I can!
Doors close on this next round on Sept 28th.