Don’t scroll yet!
Watch the video first
How it’ll work
- We are currently meeting every THURSDAY at 8 pm CET/3 pm EDT/2 pm CDT/12 pm PDT
- From Mar 19-Apr 9
- We’ll meet via Zoom video—just click the link and join us!
- Group meetings will be live, not recorded, so it’s important to show up and participate.
- If you miss a week, you miss a week.
- The community will be a no self-promo space
- Price: Founding members will get the $19.99/mth introductory price (that’s only $5/60-min session).
- I can’t promise that this $19.99 price will be available forever.
- No tricks! If you choose to join for one month, there is no automatic renewal.
- I’ll remind you before your membership expires, but it’ll be up to you whether you want to stay in the community.
- There’s no recurring billing cycle.
- We’ll reevaluate everything on June 1, 2020, to see if we want to dissolve the community or keep it going or modify it in any way.
- This community should benefit us all and I’m open to doing things differently than ever done before.
What the community is NOT
Only a few rules:
- You won’t be sold to—spammers or self-promoters will be kicked out of the community without a refund #toobadsosad
- Of course, we will discuss our books, but without any expectation for the group to buy our books or support our crowdfunding campaigns.
- Do not sell to anyone within the group. #youvebeenwarned
- You are not getting course-level instructional material from this community.
- If you want comprehensive courses on self-publishing and crowdfunding your book, click here.
- Nobody is going to hold your hand, but we will give you ideas to try and honest feedback. It’s up to you to do the work to make it happen.
- You are not getting 1:1 professional coaching from me or anyone else. This is a community and everyone is expected to contribute ideas and solutions.
- Additional rules will be decided on by the members and frequently revisited. The group will flex and accommodate the needs of the current members.
What will we discuss?
We can discuss whatever YOU need the most help with.
As a member of the community, we all have equal say and can vote on topics for discussion.
We can have general Q&As, brainstorming sessions to problem solve writing, publishing, and marketing issues for our books.
I’m looking to create serious community engagement that provides value. Topics can include anything related to audience building, crowdfunding, Amazon ads, FB ads, and whatever the group wants.
We are stronger (and smarter) together.
Why not run a Patreon?
Patreon is a great platform for people to CONSUME material on an ongoing basis and to support a creator. The issue for me is that it’s one-directional and I want to create an interactive community.
Will you limit membership?
I don’t know! We’ll have to see what happens.
I know that large groups become unwieldy and cumbersome. My number one goal is to create a space where everyone feels heard. Meeting virtually will help us reduce some of those issues.
This is NOT just a virtual space where you join and then promptly forget that you joined.
Why are you doing this, Lisa?
There must be a saying somewhere like, “If it doesn’t exist, create it.” or something, and that’s what I want to do.
I want to create a community with invested and motivated members (not freebie lurkers).
This isn’t a Facebook group with admin rules. We will meet and discuss face-to-face. We will get to know one another in real-time, support one another, and build community.
It’ll be valuable. It’ll be helpful.
I want to create the type of space that puts the control in the members’ hands.
If we want to invite an expert guest speaker one week, maybe we all pitch in $8 and pay their speaking fee. I don’t know!
I’m totally open to brainstorming new and interesting ways to work together and support the community.
Why can’t we create our own group and do the same thing for free?
Please! Take my idea and run with it. Get a group of your author friends together and create your own community. We need as many authors to help one another as possible. I recommend purchasing a professional Zoom account so you can meet via video chat.
Have more questions?
Email your questions and I’ll answer them as best I can!